Monday, March 7, 2011

Bring On The Cake!

My sister in laws birthday is coming up the end of this week and since I got new stuff to play with in the mail last week....I made her a cute birthday card. It was done off the idea from the card in the Occasions Mini Catalog, but I changed some things up.


The background paper is from the Sale-a-bration Ice Cream Parlor DSP and I can't get enough of that stuff. It is so much cuter in person! The scallop on the cake platter is from that set as well. I also really like the stamp set I used. Both stamps (along with 11 other stamps) are from the "Bring on the Cake" set from the Occasions Mini. I REALLY REALLY hope that it makes the big catalog, but I couldn't take the chance of not having it so I purchased it now because you never know! If you see something you like in a mini catalog you have to go for it. There isn't time to waste since it is a huge gamble if we will see it again. The gamble wasn't worth it for me to wait. I make way too many birthday cards for my family to pass on a 13 stamp set that is all birthday sayings.


I have made a few of these for my family in the last few weeks and they have been a big hit. The cute candles on the top are from the Create a Cupcake punch and very easy to do.

Happy Stamping!
Martha

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!
    I'm your new follower from Stampin' Connection.

    www.MakeSomethingCute.com

    Angel Hawks

    ReplyDelete
  2. {LOVE} this card - Thanks for sharing! I’m your newest follower from SC - #367 Kendra Richardson.
    You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete