Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just Playing Around

I have been having a good time playing with some new supplies that I got.  The friday challenge from Max was a good start and then I just kept going.  I am excited to see that challenge get up and running and plan on me doing that each week. 

The card I am showing you today is fairly simple and was really fast to make.  It shows off two of the new In Colors: Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit.  Using the Mixed Bunch stamp set for the flower and the Distressed Dots background stamp it came together quite well.


The new firm foam ink pads are amazing for background stamps.  They ink up so nicely now.  I was hesitant to purchase the big stamps with the old pads because it was so hard to ink a huge stamp like that.  If you have ever used VersaMark Ink before....the new pads are just like that! Kind of sticky and puts ink on the stamp in a smooth motion rather than having to tap tap tap all the time in the same place for consistent coverage.  Plus, the new Stampin' Scrub makes it easier than ever to clean the large stamps too.  :) 


I used a little bit of Sticky Strip behind the ribbon to make it stay in place on the card.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  To get the depth on the flower I curled the petals of the bottom flower down using my bone folder and the petals of the top flower up also using my bone folder.

All products are available in my online store 24/7 and you will get the best deal possible by going directly to my website or contacting me to place your order directly.  Either way works great!

Supplies Used:
  • Ink: Midnight Muse (#126860), Summer Starfruit (#126991)
  • Stamps: Mixed Bunch (clear #125537, wood #125535), Distressed Dots (#122815), Teeny Tiny Wishes (clear #127802, wood #115370)
  • Paper: Whisper White (#100730)
  • Accessories: Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon (#126846)
  • Tools: Dimensionals (#104430), Glue Dots (#103683), Sticky Strip (#104294), Bone Folder (#102300), Blossom Punch (#125603), 3/4" Circle Punch (#119873)

Happy Stamping!

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment