The card I am showing you today is a fun and summery (yes, I just made that word part of the English language). It uses the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set and the Floral District DSP. I knew that I wanted to use a different color combo than normal for the Floral District DSP so I whipped out my handy dandy Color Coach after I had picked the DSP sheet I wanted to use. I looked up Daffodil Delight to see what it suggested. The Color Coach actually suggests using Old Olive and Night of Navy....but I wanted a little more bright and some new colors. I went with similar counter parts and used Gumball Green and Midnight Muse. Those are two of the new In Colors for this year and they are great!
Notice that I stamped the bird image twice and then cut out the wings and layered them for a multicolor dimensional look. I also added a rhinstone to its eye for some bling. I used some of the new Stitched ribbon in Midnight Muse for the final touch.
All supplies can be found in my online store 24/7. And right now if you place a $50 order (before tax and shipping) you can get the Reason to Smile stamp set for just $5! It is a great two step stamp set that I will show you samples for this week. The order number for the clear mount set is 131275 or in wood it is 131274. This is only available during the month of July.
I hope you enjoyed the project for today. You are now hopping on over to Kim's blog where I know you will not be disappointed! She is amazing.
Martha Haddock - www.stampinmartha.blogspot.com (you are here)
Kim Stewart - www.kimberskrafts.blogspot.com
Sharon Loring - www.stampingingthewind.com
Edie Bunting - www.ediestamps.blogspot.com
Elizabeth Harris - www.elizabethloves2stamp.com
- Ink: Midnight Muse (#126860), Daffodil Delight (#126944), Gumball Green (#126861)
- Stamps: Betsys Blossoms (clear #126006, wood #126004), Friendly Phrases (clear #126151, wood #126149)
- Paper: Whisper White (#100730), Gumball Green (#126840), Midnight Muse (#126843), Floral District DSP (#126919)
- Accessories: Midnight Muse Stitched Ribbon (#126847), Rhinestones (#119246)
- Tools: Big Shot (#113439), Delicate Doilies Sizzlit (#126999), Finishing Touches Edgelits Die (#127010), 1 3/4" Circle Punch (#119850), Paper Snips (#103579), Dimensionals (#104430), SNAIL (#104332), Color Coach (#120148)