Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thank You for a Friend

I had a fellow deomonstrator post on our Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website that she needed help. All she needed was some people to send her some thank you cards for her brother. Long story short, he brother is dying of cancer and there is no further hope of recovery. They anticipate him leaving his Earthly life within a month. Her family, brother included, are writing thank you notes for all those who have helped the family out in the last while. How could you not send a few along to help out?? She did a bunch herself, but now she just wants to spend time with her family and her brother before he goes...leaving no time or energy to make thank you cards. Here are a couple that I made a dozen of and will send off in the mail to her tomorrow.




I hope that you guys like them....more importantly, I hope that she likes them and they serve the purpose intended. Giving back is something that I am trying to work on right now. I feel like the more I give, even though it is hard right now, the more in return I will recieve down the road when I really need it. Such a simple gesture on my part is certainly more than simple to this family.

Happy Stamping!

Martha

Supplies for the first card: River Rock, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White Card stock; Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, and Soft Suede Ink; Dimensionals; scallop oval and oval punches, Because I Care Stamp Set.

Supplies for the second card: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock; Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Early Expresso Ink; Early Expresso ribbon; Scallop Edge Punch; Many Thanks Stamp.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gesture Martha. I just dropped by from SC to let your know I'll be following your blog. If you'd like to drop by and follow mine I'm at:
    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete