Friday, March 1, 2013

March Stamp to the Max Blog Hop

Hey there!  Its that time again.  Are you having fun hopping around and getting some fun ideas? 

I love spring time and I am so excited that that pesky groundhog said that spring was coming early.  Of course, I live in extreme northern Utah and we have snow on the ground until May usually.  But it is warming up! The highs have been in the 30s lately.

I was dying to get some spring in my life so I decided to make some cards with some fun stuff for you.  I make cards for a local nonprofit group here in Cache Valley and they are always needing "thinking of you" sentiments.  Both of these cards are ones that I made for them.


The first is a fun card that uses the Distressed Dots background stamp and the Summer Smooches DSP.  I took advantage of the new oval framelits to cut out my sentiment.  I am just over the dark colors of fall and winter and this did the trick for me. 

 
The second card I did was an idea that I got from a fellow demonstrator with a few changes.  I used the leaf stamp from Besty's Blossoms and Curly Cute for the sentiment.  Stamp the leaf repeatedly gives that Whisper White a look of DSP.  You can create your own DSP with any stamp in any color you want!  Cool right?  Yah, I thought so too. 

Thanks from coming by.  Now, hop your way to the next blog and enjoy the sights you see.  You are bound to find lots that you like and want to recreate. 

1. Maxine Conrad www.stamptothemax.com
2. Christina Mansker www.crazystampmom.blogspot.com
3. Martha Haddock www.stampinmartha.blogspot.com  (you are here)
4. Stephanie Bradley www.stampwithsteph.stampinup.net
5. Lisa Fennewald www.lisaloostamps.com
6. Elizabeth Harris www.elizabethloves2stamp.com
 
Happy Stamping!

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards Martha! I may have to do that trick with the leaf from Betsy's Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both, Martha! I hope you get some Spring soon! You can always come visit me! :)

    ReplyDelete