Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MIA???

Yes, I feel like I have been MIA for a few weeks. I didn't fall off the face of the planet....I promise. I had a family vacation and reunion planned for the week of July 24th and then as soon as I got home I was off on a road trip to help my sister in law drive her kids back to Topeka, Kansas. Her husband has been gone for 2 weeks for the National Scout Jamboree and she was left with 4 kids (one being 2 yrs old and a 12 year old that is severely handicapped). She needed the help...so there I went!

It was a 16.5 hours of driving fun! ha ha ha We drove from North Ogden, Utah all the way home to Topkea in one shot...no car naps included! One of us was driving and the other was always helping the kids. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined, so that was great! I then spent a week with them out there in Kansas helping around the house. Her husband and oldest son returned from camp and then between school registrations, back to school shopping, and everyday life with a handicapped child we were super busy.

The trip home was much MORE eventful than the one out there though, even though I flew home. Needless to say...I ran through the denver airport like a mad woman to catch a connecting flight (that they thankfully held for 20 mins for me!) I sat in the Kansas City airport for hours as well. I finally made it home to Salt Lake and so did my bag! Woo Hoo! I don't know how they got that transfered planes so fast in Denver, but yeah for me! I picked up my little one in North Ogden on the drive home and made it back to Logan around Midnight. 11 hours of traveling was just too much.

At any rate, I am back. I am not caught up, but back. The hubby did a good job of not letting the toddler get hurt and feeding him, but I have mounds of laundry to do, cleaning, gardening, and of course....stamping! I will post pictures of projects hopefully tomorrow. I have to make a lot of August birthday cards for my family, and thank you cards for all those that helped my husband while I was gone helping others.

Thanks! Happy stamping!

Martha

Shop my website 24/7 for deals on clearance items and all things Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips on the Potato Head extra parts. We will be going to DisneyLand after my husband graduates this December as his graduation present. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the extras there. That would be a fun surprise for the kids and worth holding off to get!

    ReplyDelete